Vacation in Travemünde
Big ships, fine-sand and the Baltic Sea on the doorstep – at aja Travemünde, take a front-row seat on the beach, and dream away to the whispering sounds of the coast. Travemünde, a spa town on the Baltic coast, has a true sailor’s romance about it. As big ships sail in and out, watch all the maritime happenings on the Baltic Sea and the Trave river in complete relaxation from our hotel.
Highlights at the aja holiday destination
With aja you will discover wonderful holiday destinations that are amazing, versatile and relaxing. We want to give you the most beautiful holiday memories and see you travel home with a smile. Between waves and clouds: aja offers you an unforgettable holiday in the best location.
Many rooms and suites with sea or trave view
Heated outdoor pool with sea view
Sauna area with steam bath, Finnish and BIO sauna
Bar with terrace and sea view
NIVEA Haus and Shop
- DELIGHTRich breakfast buffet with freshly prepared egg dishes and coffee / tea specialties
- HOMECozy rooms with modern furnishings and high-quality comfort beds
- COMFORTFree WiFi in the entire aja Travemünde and in the rooms
- RELAXFree access to our SPA area with sauna and bathing world
- FITNESS:Sports area with strength and cardio equipment
- SERVICE:24h reception, shop and guarded safe, telephone rental at the reception
Holiday experiences in Travemünde
Grab the bikes, the stand-up paddle board or even the hiking boots and discover Travemünde in a relaxed and unique way. The excellent location of the aja Hotel ensures unforgettable experiences with that extra portion of relaxation.
Retreat for explorers
Because sleeping well is simply part of a holiday, your dream place is waiting for you at the aja Travemünde. Surrounded by the nature of Travemünde, just let yourself fall into bed and fall asleep blissfully with the most beautiful experiences.
You can book these rooms depending on availability:
- Double room (with sea or trave view)
- Accessible rooms
Taste of aja
Fresh holiday air is enough to make you hungry! Fortunately, our restaurant and bar have a great variety of treats on hand. At aja, we also indulge you culinarily from morning till night. Have a taste of holiday with us while on holiday!
Your wellness day
To keep your body and mind in sync – our spa and wellness area is completely devoted to your well-being. Stress and everyday concerns have to wait outside and make space for pure relaxation. Whether sauna indulgence, fun in the pool or active recreation in our fitness area, there is a fantastic offering for your well-being. The best part? Admission to our spa – which has a selection of saunas, pool facilities and a fitness area – is already included in the trip price.
Contact and hotelinformation
- Strandbahnhof Travemünde railway station (750 m)
- Hamburg airport (83 km)
- Hamburg Messe conference centre (110 km)
- Beach (20 m)
- Town centre (1 km)
At aja Travemünde, you can use the resort’s car park or underground garage for €18 per day.
Check-in is from 3 p.m. Standard check-out is until 11 a.m. If you would like to check out late, we ask that you speak with reception.
- Hotel opening: 2018
- Number of floors: 7
- Number of rooms: 242
- 11 double rooms with a 180 × 200 king-sized bed for up to three people (22 m²)
- 125 double rooms with a 180 × 200 king-sized bed and view of the Trave river for up to three people (22 m²)
- 91 double rooms with a 180 × 200 king-sized bed and sea view for up to three people (22 m²)
- 12 suites with a 180 × 200 king-sized bed for up to four people (44 m²)
- 3 accessible double rooms (22 m²)
- Wi-Fi free of charge throughout the premises
- Day spa included for hotel guests; for day guests, from €9.50
- Children’s pool
- Swimming courses for children can be booked
- 25 m indoor pool and 20 m outdoor pool
Your dog is also more than welcome at aja Travemünde. You are welcome to bring your dog, after registration in selected rooms on request and subject to availability, for an extra charge of € 20.00 per night and per dog excl. food. For stays of five nights or more, the one-off cost is € 99.00. During the swimming season (15 May–14 September), there are two inviting off-leash beaches for swimming, burrowing and playing together: at Brodtner Ufer (in the Söhrmanndamm area, the first 100 m behind the old Mövenstein pool) and on Priwall peninsula (Südermole, the first 100 m beginning from the passenger ferry landing stage). A special swimming pier for dogs at Brodtener bluff ensures animals get their swimming fun too.
The low season is an ideal time for dog owners to travel to the sea. All beaches in Travemünde are open to dogs during this time. Unfortunately, dogs are not permitted on resort beaches from 1 April to 30 September.
You can pay with EC, VISA, Mastercard or American Express at aja Travemünde.
Prices for aja Travemünde do not include tourist tax – the rate of which is €2.80 per person during the high season (15 May–14 September) and €1.40 during the low season (15 September– 14 May).
With the OstseeCard, you can benefit from a great number of exclusive offers, discounts and concession prices.
Our hotel is a non-smoking hotel. The smoking ban also applies to e-cigarettes and includes the balconies and terraces of the rooms. Smoking is permitted on the publicly accessible terraces.
A picture says more than a thousand words. Just take a look at what awaits you in our aja Travemünde.
What is the weather like right now? Which ship is passing by the aja right now? Our webcam shows you all that.